Season=90 Reports released
Thank you for supporting the GUESS Reports
|Full Roster Reports||Freshmen Recruit Reports|
Support the GUESS Reports
We accept PayPal Donations to support this site.|
Donors receive special "first looks" at coming attractions and new features.
New Formula for OL!
After much feedback and study, we've made the first major tweak to the formulas - the OL formula has been updated. The new formula places more emphasis on STR and BLK, reducing GI (while still keeping GI as a major factor.)
All of the formulas, including the updated OL formula, can be found here.
New Features! New Formulas!
With the new Gridiron Dynasty came new positions, changes in the way attributes are valued, and a more complaints than a hypochondriac at an AMA convention. We've done a major update to the GUESS reports to accomodate all of these changes.
The new formulas can be found here. They are based on information provided by JConte in his interview on this site and in a Dev Chat following the new release. And yes, they are likely to change again quickly.
Anticipating some frequent questions:
- How do the full team scores work? Team scores are the average of all player ratings, although the starters get a 25% bonus.
- How do the recruit class scores work? Recruit scores are the average of all freshman player ratings. Right now we're not giving players any kind of bonus, although that may change in the future.
- How do you calculate the grades for Report Cards? The top player at each position gets a grade of 100, A+. Every player below that gets a grade based on the percentage of their score to the top score. The scale varies at each division, and is based on the results of 150 seasons worth of players.
- How are the Offense & Defense grades calculated? I took the "starting" players at each position multiplied their rating by a value assigned to each position, then added them all up. For teams that didn't have players listed at a position - for example, if none of your DL scored better as a DE than DT, leaving you with no DE - I took the next highest scoring backups. Once we had the total, we used a scoring method similar to the one we used for player grades.
- How do you decide a player's new position? Where there are two choices for position (i.e. DL can be DE or DT) I scored them using both formulas, and then assigned a position based on the higher score. As you can see on the full roster page, I listed both scores for the player.
- Why aren't there more FB/DE/OLB ? Partly because the cores used in the past favor the RB/DT/ILB positions, and people are still learning how to recruit specfically for the defensive positions.. Potentially it's because my formulas are a mess, but I hope that's not it!
- How do you determine 5 Star or 4 Star players? I looked at all the freshman scores from the 150 seasons' worth of data mentioned before. From there, we calculated cut off points for each position at each division.
- What happened to the archives? To be honest, I wasn't very good at keeping them updated, so I dumped them. There is a new feature on the full roster listing that allows you to view the history of each player - this will obviously be more useful as more seasons are added to the database. I couldn't use the data from the previous seasons because I didn't capture the players WIS ID before.
- When are you going to update the GUESS recruiting spreadsheet? Are you still using that? Get yatzr's recruiting tool instead. It does so much more than my spreadsheet ever did.
If you have other questions, feel free to site mail me, or to post a question in the main GD Forum.